Who We Are
We are a fast growing multinational LegalTech startup with a team of 60+ people based in Cologne (Germany) and Maastricht (Netherlands). Our mission is to make legal accessible to everyone: quick, easy and comfortable. Combining great legal minds with cutting edge technology is key for us by doing so – this way we want to give people all over the world access to their legal rights. Obviously we cannot change the law – but we can change the way it feels. With a working prototype and 100,000+ users already, we now start with taking our service international and with your help, we want to set up our new technological foundation using a greenfield approach.
For our HQ in Cologne we are looking for a
Senior Web Developer (m/f)
What You Do
- Work within an agile team employing Scrum.
- Build up the whole IT landscape from scratch.
- Design the development and deployment process and live it.
- Haggle with your technical PO about solution approaches and estimates.
- Help to write stories and implement them.
- Code great features, make sure they are tested and meet the quality guidelines.
- Manage the code base as well as the underlying infrastructure in a DevOps approach – You build it, you run it!
What We Offer
- We are easygoing, humble people and we love to create a work environment where everybody feels comfortable.
- You will be faced with technical challenges on a daily basis. We want to build innovative products and we want you to build them with us.
- You have your say. We need your experience and we are willing to listen.
- Say goodbye to agency hours! We also like to spend time with our families and friends.
- Competitive compensation for good performance.
Who You Are
- More than 5 years experience in developing scalable web applications.
- Developed front- and backend and maintained the applications afterwards.
- Profound experience in at least two of the following languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, C# and the corresponding frameworks.
- Very good understanding of relational databases like MySQL or Postgres, experience with key-value-stores like Redis would be nice.
- Knowledge on the ins and outs of git, unit and integration testing, Jenkins and deployment managers (e.g. Capistrano).
- Comfortable in dealing with technologies like ElasticSearch, Varnish, Docker, Puppet, ELK.
- LAMP is something you don’t expect light coming out of it but you can set it up in no time.
- You know that scaling doesn’t only depend on the system but mostly on the programming style.
- You are familiar with IP addresses, network masks, DNS and also firewalls.
- Experience with CMS and Machine Learning would be a plus.
- You are a go to person, who is motivated to deliver great functionality to users and you know what “pragmatic” means.
Get in Touch
If you can see yourself as one of our senior web developers, please get in touch with us via this platform or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . We would also be interested in your stackoverflow and github profile, so feel free to enclose the links as well.
We are looking forward to getting to know YOU!